Marshall Academy News
- Torrance Studios will be at school (6/27/2016) - On Wednesday, August 24 Torrance Studios will be at school to take pictures including: senior formal pictures; school day pictures (Preschool-11th Grade); Junior High & Varsity Football; Junior High & Varsity Cheerleaders; Softball; and Soccer. Please try to make sure your child attends school on this day and try not to schedule appointments(Doctor, Dentist, etc…), […]
- EPA Youth Leadership Participants (6/23/2016) - Rising Seniors, Whitt Rodgers and Blake Martin, attended the Electric Power Association’s Youth Leadership Program in Washington D.C. June 11-17. They joined more than 1,700 students from across the nation for a week in Washington D.C. where they learned about cooperatives, rural electrification, the city and government. The seven-day schedule was full of sight-seeing, including […]
- Trent Lott Leadership Participant (6/23/2016) - Erin Burleson, a rising Freshman at Marshall Academy, has been selected to attend the Trent Lott Leadership Institute at the University of Mississippi starting July 10. The program is designed to develop critical thinking and leadership skills in soon-to-be high school freshmen. Its aim is to cultivate and inspire honest, compassionate, and responsive leaders who […]
- HOBY Participant (6/23/2016) - Boothe Gresham, a rising Junior at Marshall Academy, attended the Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Seminar June 3-5 at Millsaps College in Jackson Mississippi. During the seminar Boothe and other youth from Mississippi attended great programs, heard dynamic speakers, and worked on a community service project at Goodwill Inc. We are very proud of Boothe for […]
- Spring Break Trip to Italy (6/10/2016) - Marshall Academy Alumni and Parent, Lesly Thompson, is planning a trip to Italy over Spring Break 2017. The dates for the trip are March 11-19 and the price is $2,784 per person which includes airfare, all breakfasts, tour guide, and 3 dinners. On July 1 there will be a price increase, so please contact Lesly […]
- Cheerleaders attend UCA Camp (6/6/2016) - Congratulations to our Jr High and Varsity Cheerleaders. Both squads attended UCA Camp at Mississippi State University last week. The Jr. High Squad received a Superior Trophy for working hard all week; Freshman, Erin Burleson, was selected as an All-American Cheerleader; and Freshman,Melanie Cheesman, received a Pin-it-Forward award one night. The Varsity Squad received two […]
- Reception Honoring Elizabeth Butler (5/31/2016) - On Monday, May 23 the Marshall Academy Family held a reception at the Kate Freeman Clark Art Gallery honoring Elizabeth Butler. Many friends, former students, current students, and fellow teachers dropped by to spend time with Mrs. Butler and wish her well in her retirement. The serving table was beautiful. Flowers donated by Betty Burch […]
- Food Drive (5/31/2016) - The Marshall Academy Jr. Beta Club held a second Food Drive the first week in May. Can Goods were collected and donated to the Marshall County Food Pantry. The Club members held this drive in an effort to help with the increased demand the Food Pantry experiences over the summer months. Pictured (l to r) […]
- Graduation – Class of 2016 (5/27/2016) - Marshall Academy held our 2016 Graduation Ceremony on Monday, May 16. The Class of 2016 was recognized for scholarships, other academic achievements and received their diplomas. Marshall Academy Alumni, Laura York Dearman, delivered the Commencement Address. The Marshall Academy Class of 2016 – Javarria Thomas, Hailey Huff, Hallie Kazemba, Emily Byard, & Shelby Hangey. Hannah […]
- Additional Academic Awards (5/27/2016) - Here are some additional Academic Awards given to several outstanding students. We are very proud of all our students for their hard work and another great school year. Zack Ross Memorial Leadership Award – Blake Martin and Whitt Rodgers MA Service Award Hallie Kazemba MA Outstanding Senior – Josh FeathersAmerican Legion Award – Grady Brooks and […]
Welcome to Marshall Academy!
This site has been developed to give our families and prospective families an overview of our history, and insight into our current academic, athletic, artistic and cultural school life– “all things Marshall.”Marshall Academy is a K3-12 college preparatory school, located in historic Holly Springs, MS. The school was founded with the idea of establishing a school with high moral standards built on Christian principles and the love for learning. Marshall is a school of tomorrow for the world of tomorrow. Our curriculum focuses on critical and creative thinking, connecting ideas, and collaboration.
MA is accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and the Mississippi Association of Independent Schools (MAIS).