Marshall Academy News
- Star Student & Teacher (4/28/2016) - Congratulations to Hailey Huff for being the Star Student for the 2016 Graduating Class at Marshall Academy. The STAR student program recognizes students for academic and ACT test achievement. Hailey selected Mrs Vickie Webb as her Star Teacher. Both were recognized during a luncheon, sponsored by the Mississippi Economic Council, in Jackson on April […]
- Key Club Sends Gift Cards to Target House (4/28/2016) - The Senior Key Club Members are excited to pose with four Target Gift Cards purchased for Target House Families. The Key Club purchased the gift cards by making and selling cup cakes from January until March. Pictured (l to r) William Whisenant, Bailey Easley, Josh Feathers, Hallie Kazemba, and Will Allred.
- Baby Chicks Hatch (4/25/2016) - Mrs. Camurati’s 3rd Grade class, at Marshall Academy, hatched two baby chicks on Thursday, April 21. The students began the incubation process twenty-one days earlier, taking care of and observing the eggs daily. Incubation and hatching is one of the most amazing classroom experiences. Students have the opportunity for a first-hand view of life during […]
- Rain, Rain Go Away (4/25/2016) - Rain, Rain Go Away – Last week Mrs. Butler’s Pre-K students, at Marshall Academy, enjoyed painting water colored rainbows, wishing for the rain to stop.(front row l to r) Miles Crawford, Esme Cavender, & Pierce Knox (middle row l to r) Addy Rivers Donahoe, Rilynn Allison, & Ady James. (back Row l to r) Leo […]
- Grandparents Day (4/25/2016) - On Friday, April 22 we held our Annual Grandparents Day for our students Pre-K through 6th Grade. Our grandparents enjoyed a special program from our students, got to spend time in the classroom with the students, and finally enjoyed cake and punch on the front lawn. Here are a few highlights from the day:
- All-American Beauty Revue (4/21/2016) - The Marshall Academy All-American Beauty Revue will be held in the Frank Swords Gymnasium Saturday, April 30. Introduction of our junior high beauties will begin at 5:00, immediately followed by the senior high. An admission fee of $5.00 will be charged at the door, and children 5 and under will be admitted free. Senior […]
- 8th Grade Field Trip to Shiloh (4/16/2016) - The Marshall Academy 8th grade American History Class visited Shiloh Military Park on Friday, April 1st. They had the special privilege of Ms Margie Potts & Mr Larry DeBerry showing them the special highlights of the park. Here is the class pictured in front of the new Mississippi Monument- (front row) Margie Potts, Melanie Cheesman, […]
- Pre-K and Kindergarten Field Trip to the Children’s Museum (4/16/2016) - The Pre-K and Kindergarten Class enjoyed a great field trip on Wednesday, April 13 to the Memphis Children’s Museum. Here are a few pictures highlighting the day.
- Tracy Rodgers Memorial Baseball Tournament (4/16/2016) - On Saturday April 2 and Monday April 4 we had the great honor of hosting the Tracy Rodgers Memorial Baseball Tournament. We had some great area teams join us including: Byhalia, H.W. Byers, & Rossville, for this very special event. Along with honoring Tracy Rodgers, who was killed in a tragic car accident in 1979 […]
- Spanish I Weather Poster Projects (4/16/2016) - Mrs. McKinney’s Spanish I students recently studied the weather expressions. To show their understanding and mastery of the terms each student completed a Spanish Weather Poster. Students choose 6 cities in the U.S., describing the weather and reporting on the temperature. Students were than required to present their posters in class. Here are a few […]
Welcome to Marshall Academy!
This site has been developed to give our families and prospective families an overview of our history, and insight into our current academic, athletic, artistic and cultural school life– “all things Marshall.”Marshall Academy is a K3-12 college preparatory school, located in historic Holly Springs, MS. The school was founded with the idea of establishing a school with high moral standards built on Christian principles and the love for learning. Marshall is a school of tomorrow for the world of tomorrow. Our curriculum focuses on critical and creative thinking, connecting ideas, and collaboration.
MA is accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and the Mississippi Association of Independent Schools (MAIS).